Tuesday, November 24, 2015 2:46:56 AM America/Los_Angeles
Tuesday, September 1, 2015 3:09:36 AM America/Los_Angeles
Many studies have been done to establish the effects that sugar has on the body. Wanting to give your children the best in life starts with helping them make smart choices about their health and well being. Teaching them healthy eating and drinking habits will stick with them for life and help them live their lives to the fullest. Encouraging children to drink water instead of soda can help them do better at school.Read More
Tuesday, July 28, 2015 2:29:11 AM America/Los_Angeles
Everyone wants to have more beautiful skin. A glowing, smooth complexion not only makes you look younger, it also boosts your confidence. Drinking enough water is critical to your skincare routine to ensure that skin cells stay plump, moist and healthy. Here are 5 ways that water can help improve your complexion:Read More
Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9:09:56 AM America/Los_Angeles
More than half of children and teenagers in the United States might not be properly hydrated, according to a nationwide study from the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health. In fact, 54.5% of the students in the study had urine concentrations that qualified them as below their minimum daily water intake.Read More
Sunday, May 10, 2015 10:44:40 AM America/Los_Angeles
Tuesday, April 7, 2015 11:55:00 PM America/Los_Angeles
And you thought water was just for drinking.... Evaptainers are refrigeration devices that look like a large cooler and run on sun and water. The heat is drawn out of the unit's interior onto highly conducive aluminum plates. They're connected to a special fabric, which is kept wet, and the heat naturally dissipates through evaporative cooling. They only need just over 1.5 gallons to work and keep things cool for up to 12 hours. The $10 to $20 units are an improvement on a traditional cooling method used throughout much of Africa and the Middle East. Called a zeer pot, it's one terra cotta pot nested in a larger one, with wet sand filling in the gap between. It works, and uses that same evaporative cooling technique, but it's heavy and breakable. The Evaptainers isn't breakable as it has no fans, pumps or any delicate parts and holds 60 liters of produce. In practical terms, that's about 150 large tomatoes. To read more about water visit www.littleluxury.com
Friday, March 20, 2015 4:02:05 AM America/Los_Angeles
Spring has Sprung... March 20th marks the ‘official’ start of warmer weather, fun in the sun and occasions that often involve your swim suit and a crowd of your closest friends. Here are some tips to help you get ready:
Eat Right... According to Fitness guru, Jillian Michaels, one should eat every four hours. Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Dinner. This, she says, will help stabilize your blood sugar, optimise insulin production and manage hunger. Make certain that whatever you eat is worthwhile. She goes on to say that when we indulge, we should only do it 20%of the time.
A healthy diet will not only help lose extra pounds, it will make all the difference in how you feel too.
Exercise....Exercise, exercise.... Stop talking about it and do something.... Start by taking small steps. Find something you love and then put your energy into doing it often and with gusto. Don’t forget to hydrate often when exercising especially as the temperatures start to rise.
Call in the experts - Hire a trainer to help you with your workout routine so that you make the most of your time spent training. When you do work out, work out hard. Michaels says that when we do get time to exercise, we should work multiple muscle groups at the same time and we should do high intensity interval training circuits so the heart rate can be blasted.
Get the Correct Gear – Select the correct clothing to suit your exercise needs. Good supportive shoes are a must for running. Don’t forget to add a water bottle, and fill it to the brim with filtered water. Refill it often... Select a swimsuit that compliments your body shape and skin tone. Don’t be afraid to invest! Some things are just worth it.
Treat yourself to a new Haircut - ‘Lob’ All the Way - Cut your hair into a ‘lob’. Collarbone length. It is long enough to pull back, but short enough to keep you cool. It is also the most requested celeb haircut this spring.
Choose the Right Colors - Darker hues are in, especially on your lips. Go bold. Stand out in all those bikini selfies.
Don’t Forget About Your Nails – look gorgeous out and about this spring... Have your mani-pedi and enjoy negative space
nail art with gorgeous geometric embellishments.
Be Sun Safe - Make sure to hydrate your skin (on the outside using an SPF moisturiser and a good sunscreen) and from
venturing outdoors. The sun is one of the biggest causes of premature aging. the inside (by drinking adequate amounts of filtered water). Wear a hat if you are
Get Enough Sleep: Lack of sleep can and does have a negative effect on your weight loss. Lack of sleep can sabotage your health and wellness in so many ways. We should all try have 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
Drink More Water - and when you have done that; drink some more.... Drinking filtered water not only helps one lose weight, it hydrates the skin and body too. Filtered water tastes great and when it is within reach, it is easy to go back for more. Get your hands on a Little Luxury Water Cooler will most certainly help with this. For information about this cooler, visit www.littleluxury.com
Friday, March 6, 2015 5:59:27 AM America/Los_Angeles
We all know that there is no benefit in drinking soda. Both sugared and diet sodas are unhealthy. Drinking water is by far the best bet. Statistics show that there is great benefit in drinking 6-8 glasses of water per day. Water helps prevent headaches, boost brainpower, improve your mood, and even helps you lose weight. Let’s face it… drinking plain water all the time is boring. Kind of like eating the same meal over and over again. Flavored water has invaded the grocery store shelves. These waters are filled with artificial flavors, preservatives, sugars, sweetners and preservatives. It is easy to jazz up your tap water following some of these easy recipes. All you need is a counter top water cooler, some fresh fruit and fresh herbs.
To begin with, in each of these recipes, using a counter top water cooler such as a Little Luxury (which filters and cools your water), dispense the desired amount of water into a glass or pitcher.
Now do one of the following…
A handful of cucumber slices added to a pitcher of water can make all the difference. If you would like to take it a step further, try putting the cucumber in a blender and then pouring the cucumber juice through a sieve. Mix the remaining juice into your filtered water. It is so refreshing…. Add a sprig of fresh mint to the mix for a refreshing beverage.
This is a twist on tea (which also tastes better using water from a counter top water cooler) since it requires steeping hibiscus flowers. The only difference is that we suggest re-chilling the water after you infuse it so you are left with a cheery-looking, light pink glass of water with a slightly tart flavor. Hibuscus flowers will require about 10 minutes to steep.
Here are some more delicious recipes to tantalize your taste buds:
• Lemon + Mint + Cucumber + Filtered Tap Water
• Lemon (or Lime) + Filtered Tap Water
• Berries + Basil + Filtered Tap Water
• Strawberries + Lemon + Basil + Filtered Tap Water
• Oranges + Blueberries + Filtered Tap Water
• Watermelon + Kiwi + Strawberries + Filtered Tap Water
• Rasberries + Lemon + Filtered Tap Water
• Pineapple + Mint + Filtered Tap Water
• Raspberry + Lime + Filtered Tap Water
• Watermelon + Rosemary + Filtered Tap Water
• Strawberry + Lime + Cinammon + Filtered Tap Water
• Blackberry + Sage + Filtered Tap Water
Boost your immune system, health and well being - consult with your doctor if medical advice is needed:
• To ward off morning sickness… Citrus + Ginger + Filtered Tap Water
• To lower blood pressure , suppoirt immune function and increase oxygen flow to the brain… Pear + Rosemary + Raspberry + Filtered Tap Water
• To regulate blood sugar, boost skin and get extra antioxidants…Pomegranate Seeds + Persimon + Orange + Cinammon Sticks + Allspice Berries + Filtered Tap Water
• To balance pH, detoxify and boost metabolism… Blueberrues +Lemon + Filtered Tap Water
• For a vitamin C boost, to regulate blood sugar and calming… Orange + Vanilla beans + Cinammon Sticks + Filtered Tap Water
• For detoxification, protect brain cells and to lower bad cholesterol… Cranberries + Apple + Lemon + Orange Zest + Pomegranate Seeds + Filtered Tap Water
• For energy, anti inflammatory and to improve digestion… Pear + Pomegranate Seeds + Cloves + Filtered Tap Water
Whichever way you choose to drink it, make certain you are getting your 6-8 glasses of water a day. Hydration is key to good health….for more information visit www.littleluxury.com
Tuesday, March 3, 2015 6:13:28 AM America/Los_Angeles
Fifty Shades of Grey has caused mass hysteria. According to Forbes, the infamous trilogy by EL James raked in a jaw dropping $95 million between June 2012 and June 2013 alone. In 2012, James was the world’s top selling author.
Based on the first novel in the series and starring Jamie Dornan as the domineering Christian Grey and Dakota Johnson as his submissive lover Anastasia Steele, it's both taken the world by storm. Whether you consider yourself a fan or a detester the fact remains that everyone is talking about it.
Here are the facts:
1. Published by Vintage, FiftyShades of Grey sold three million copies of the book in digital and print format in less than a month and was the first book to sell over a million copies on Amazon Kindle.
2. Author E.L James features in Time Magazine's “100 Most Influential People in The World”.
3. Inspired by the Twilight series, the characters of Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey are based on Twilight characters Bella Swan and Edward Cullen.
4. Buyers of Fifty Shades are predominantly middle-aged women.
5. It has actually been banned from several libraries in the United States due to its graphic nature.
6. Fifty Shades of Grey has been translated into over 50 different languages and sold over 100 million copies worldwide. More copies than Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and the Twilight series.
7. After the books' release in Pennsylvania, sales of duct tape, cable ties and rope at a local hardware store sky-rocketed thanks to the bondage scenes in the book.
8. Actress Dakota Johnson who plays Anastasia is the daughter of actors Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith.
9. They say that the BDSM community is up in arms because they don’t think the practice is accurately or fairly portrayed in the book.
10. Merchandise for the film ranges from the bizarre to the ridiculous, including baby grows that say “I’m a product of 50 Shades of Grey”.
Whether you detest the movie and are feeling a little hot under the collar or are a huge fan in need of something to cool you down, you definitely want to get your hands on a Little Luxury water cooler. For more information visit www.littleluxury.com
Friday, February 27, 2015 12:11:36 AM America/Los_Angeles
Water plays a critical role in maintaining your health and well being. If you have any of these symptoms you should increase the amount of water that your drink:
1. Fatigue, Energy Loss: if you are dehydrated you will feel tired and sluggish.
2. Dry skin: The body of a newborn child is composed of 80 percent liquid, but this percentage declines to no more than 70 percent in an adult and continues to decline with age. Not drinking enough water will leave your skin feeling dry and can cause premature aging.
3. Struggling to lose weight: often we confuse hunger with thirst. Regular intake of water can help you to limit the amount you eat.
4. Constipation: water plays an important role in the digestion of food. Ensure that you drink enough water to aide digestion.
5. Respiratory Troubles: The mucous membranes of the respiratory region are slightly moist to protect the respiratory tract from substances that might be present in inhaled air.
6. Acidity: Dehydration activates an enzymatic slowdown making your body more acidic.
7. Eczema: Your body needs enough moisture to sweat 20 to 24 ounces of water, the amount necessary to dilute toxins so they do not irritate the skin.
8. Cystitis, Urinary Infections: If toxins contained in urine are insufficiently diluted, they attack the urinary mucous membranes.
9. Rheumatism: Dehydration abnormally increases the concentration of toxins in the blood and cellular fluids. If you don't drink enough water these toxins build up and increase pain and discomfort.
Make sure that you drink enough water to keep your body healthy. Click here for some tips to help you increase the amount of water that you drink. For more information on healthy water visit www.littleluxury.com